- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Seoul shares lifted on bargain-hunting; auto, tech shares lead
SEOUL Jan 29 (Reuters) - South Korean shares rose on Tuesday on institutional bargain-hunting, with the auto and tech sectors gaining strongly after steep declines driven by currency moves.
Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics rose 2.7 percent, snapping losses after a 4-session decline wiped 15.9 trillion won ($14.54 billion) from its market capitalisation by Monday.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) gained 0.8 percent to close at 1,955.96 points. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this