Monte Paschi capital "solid" - Italy banking committee
ROME Jan 29 (Reuters) - Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has on the whole a "solid" capital situation and its troubles will not affect the Italian banking system as a whole, Italy's financial stability committee said after a meeting on Tuesday.
The committee is made up of representatives of the Bank of Italy, the Finance Ministry and regulators. It deals with cases potentially affecting the country's financial stability.
"The institution has overall a solid capital situation and the tensions that it has faced will not produce effects for the banking system as a whole," the committee said in a statement.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- Defense at bin Laden son-in-law trial cites alleged 9/11 mastermind