Monte Paschi capital "solid" - Italy banking committee
ROME Jan 29 (Reuters) - Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has on the whole a "solid" capital situation and its troubles will not affect the Italian banking system as a whole, Italy's financial stability committee said after a meeting on Tuesday.
The committee is made up of representatives of the Bank of Italy, the Finance Ministry and regulators. It deals with cases potentially affecting the country's financial stability.
"The institution has overall a solid capital situation and the tensions that it has faced will not produce effects for the banking system as a whole," the committee said in a statement.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report