PRESS DIGEST - RUSSIA - Jan 29
MOSCOW Jan 29 (Reuters) - The following are some of the leading stories in Russia's newspapers on Tuesday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov will sell his 38 percent stake in Russia's largest gold miner, Polyus Gold, to structures of Russian lawmaker Zelimkhan Mutsoyev and Gavriil Yushvayev, a former co-owner of juice and dairy firm Wimm-Bill-Dann, now part of PepsiCo, the daily says.
- Russian mining and steel group Mechel agreed to buy 28.12 percent of shares in the Pacific port of Vanino, one of several ports vital for Russian coal and metal exports to Asia, from Russian group EN+ controlled by billionaire Oleg Deripaska, for around 5 billion roubles ($166.42 million), the daily reports.
- Russia's leading pharmacies 36.6 and A5 are in talks over a possible merger, the daily reports
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain