Peugeot job cuts temporarily suspended by court
PARIS Jan 29 (Reuters) - The Paris Court of Appeal ordered a temporary suspension of PSA Peugeot Citroen's restructuring plan which includes 8,000 job cuts, the company and unions said.
In a ruling disclosed on Tuesday, the day after it was delivered, the court ordered "the suspension of the restructuring in progress" until the French carmaker completes worker consultations at two sites belonging to parts division Faurecia. (Reporting by Laurence Frost; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Twitter users revolt over changes to abusive behavior policy
- Deal to quell budget wars sails through U.S. House |