Tyco quarterly profit soars 62 pct
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tyco International Ltd, a fire safety and security systems maker, reported a 62 percent higher first-quarter profit, helped by a higher global products revenue.
Earnings from continuing operations rose to $159 million, or 34 cents per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 28, from $98 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 5 percent to $2.6 billion.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East