Tyco quarterly profit soars 62 pct
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tyco International Ltd, a fire safety and security systems maker, reported a 62 percent higher first-quarter profit, helped by a higher global products revenue.
Earnings from continuing operations rose to $159 million, or 34 cents per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 28, from $98 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 5 percent to $2.6 billion.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |