Tyco quarterly profit soars 62 pct
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tyco International Ltd, a fire safety and security systems maker, reported a 62 percent higher first-quarter profit, helped by a higher global products revenue.
Earnings from continuing operations rose to $159 million, or 34 cents per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 28, from $98 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 5 percent to $2.6 billion.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic