Chesapeake says it is not for sale: memo
HOUSTON (Reuters) - The departure of Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon is not an indication that Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK.N) is up for sale, according to an email to sent to employees on Wednesday.
"...the company is not for sale," Chairman Archie Dunham wrote.
Dunham also said the Chesapeake's board has set a drilling and completion budget of $6 billion.
Chesapeake said McClendon will step down on April 1.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections