CORRECTED-Waddell & Reed 4th-qtr profit up 33 percent
(Corrects first paragraph to show the company posted outflows, not inflows, in the quarter)
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Asset manager Waddell & Reed Financial Inc reported a 33 percent rise in quarterly profit, as higher investment management fees helped offset net outflows of client funds.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $52.4 million, or 61 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $39.4 million, or 46 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total operating revenue rose 11 percent to $302.9 million. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |