- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Qatar's Ahli Bank names Ahmed Murad as new CEO
DUBAI Jan 30 (Reuters) - Qatar's Ahli Bank, in which Bahraini lender Ahli United Bank sold most of its 33-percent stake recently, has named Salah Jasim Mohamed Ahmed Murad as its chief executive officer, it said on Wednesday.
The bank did not provide any further details but Mahmoud Yahya Malkawi was the acting chief executive for Qatari lender since November 2012.
Earlier in January, Ahli United sold all but 1,000 of its 37.38 million shares in Ahli Bank to Qatar Foundation, a non-profit organisation wholly-owned by the Qatar royal family and which focuses on developing the Gulf Arab state's education and science sectors.
(Reporting by Dinesh Nair; Editing by David French)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this