Cukurova says UK court rules in its favour over Turkcell
ISTANBUL Jan 30 (Reuters) - Turkey's Cukurova said on Wednesday a British court had ruled in its favour in litigation with Russia's Altimo over a disputed stake in Turkcell , saying the ruling meant it should be given the opportunity to repay a defaulted loan and recover its shares.
"In reaching its decision, the Privy Council confirmed that Alfa (Altimo) had entered into the transaction with the aim of obtaining control of Turkcell and had deliberately taken steps to prevent Cukurova repaying the loan to try to ensure that its goal was achieved," Cukurova said in a statement.
(Writing by Daren Butler)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data