- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
Cukurova says UK court rules in its favour over Turkcell
ISTANBUL Jan 30 (Reuters) - Turkey's Cukurova said on Wednesday a British court had ruled in its favour in litigation with Russia's Altimo over a disputed stake in Turkcell , saying the ruling meant it should be given the opportunity to repay a defaulted loan and recover its shares.
"In reaching its decision, the Privy Council confirmed that Alfa (Altimo) had entered into the transaction with the aim of obtaining control of Turkcell and had deliberately taken steps to prevent Cukurova repaying the loan to try to ensure that its goal was achieved," Cukurova said in a statement.
(Writing by Daren Butler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this