Ameriprise quarterly profit up 31 pct, driven by wealth business
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Ameriprise Financial Inc said on Wednesday its fourth-quarter operating earnings rose 31 percent, driven by strong results from the company's advice and wealth management business.
The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company reported operating earnings of $367 million, or $1.71 a share, for the three months ended Dec 31. Analysts on average expected the company to earn $1.47 a share, excluding items, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's total assets under management and administration, which includes both the wealth and asset management businesses, rose 8 percent in the fourth quarter to $681 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets