Portugal BCP repays 1 bln in LTRO cash to ECB
LISBON Jan 30 (Reuters) - Portugal's largest-listed bank Millennium bcp has repaid 1 billion euros in long-term loans to the European Central Bank out of a total of 12 billion euros it received from the ECB in two liquidity injections in late 2011 and in 2012.
"We have repaid 1 billion in LTROs. The need for liquidity is now completely different than a year ago so we saw the opportunity to pay down. Our liquidity position is comfortable," a bank spokesman said.
Funding conditions have improved for banks across Europe since last year, including in bailed-out Portugal. (Reporting By Andrei Khalip)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |