China Unicom sees 2012 net profit up over 50 pct
HONG KONG Jan 30 (Reuters) - China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd , the country's second biggest mobile carrier, forecasts its 2012 net profit to rise more than 50 percent from 2011 due to an increase in 3G and broadband subscribers.
This boosted the company's revenues steadily and rapidly in 2012, the company said in a statement posted on the Hong Kong stock exchange website.
The company posted a net profit of 4.23 billion yuan ($682.3 million) in 2011, based on its previous report.
(Reporting by Alison Leung; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM