Cyprus says has assurances from Russia on EU bailout
NICOSIA Jan 30 (Reuters) - Cypriot President Demetris Christofias said on Wednesday the island nation had assurances from Russia that it was ready to assist in a European Union bailout of Cyprus.
"President (Vladimir) Putin assured me that the Russian Federation is ready to contribute with the European Union in the financing of Cyprus," Christofias told Cypriot reporters during a visit to Belgrade, adding that he had a telephone conversation with Putin on Tuesday evening.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data