Cyprus says has assurances from Russia on EU bailout
NICOSIA Jan 30 (Reuters) - Cypriot President Demetris Christofias said on Wednesday the island nation had assurances from Russia that it was ready to assist in a European Union bailout of Cyprus.
"President (Vladimir) Putin assured me that the Russian Federation is ready to contribute with the European Union in the financing of Cyprus," Christofias told Cypriot reporters during a visit to Belgrade, adding that he had a telephone conversation with Putin on Tuesday evening.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |