ECB's Draghi to meet Spanish lawmakers Feb. 12
FRANKFURT Jan 30 (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will meet Spanish lawmakers in Madrid on Feb. 12, an ECB spokesman said on Wednesday.
The lawmakers invited Draghi to visit them after he spoke to Germany's Bundestag in October to defend his bond-buying plan, which he unveiled last September.
The yet-to-be-used bond-purchase plan, dubbed the Outright Monetary Transactions (OMT) programme, has helped lower Spain's borrowing costs. Spain has not yet asked for government aid - a condition for the ECB activating the OMT to buy its bonds. (Reporting by Sakari Suoninen, writing by Paul Carrel; editing by Ron Askew)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister