ECB's Draghi to meet Spanish lawmakers Feb. 12
FRANKFURT Jan 30 (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will meet Spanish lawmakers in Madrid on Feb. 12, an ECB spokesman said on Wednesday.
The lawmakers invited Draghi to visit them after he spoke to Germany's Bundestag in October to defend his bond-buying plan, which he unveiled last September.
The yet-to-be-used bond-purchase plan, dubbed the Outright Monetary Transactions (OMT) programme, has helped lower Spain's borrowing costs. Spain has not yet asked for government aid - a condition for the ECB activating the OMT to buy its bonds. (Reporting by Sakari Suoninen, writing by Paul Carrel; editing by Ron Askew)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |