ECB's Draghi to meet Spanish lawmakers Feb. 12
FRANKFURT Jan 30 (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will meet Spanish lawmakers in Madrid on Feb. 12, an ECB spokesman said on Wednesday.
The lawmakers invited Draghi to visit them after he spoke to Germany's Bundestag in October to defend his bond-buying plan, which he unveiled last September.
The yet-to-be-used bond-purchase plan, dubbed the Outright Monetary Transactions (OMT) programme, has helped lower Spain's borrowing costs. Spain has not yet asked for government aid - a condition for the ECB activating the OMT to buy its bonds. (Reporting by Sakari Suoninen, writing by Paul Carrel; editing by Ron Askew)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program