- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
Euro exchange rate level too high - French minister
PARIS Jan 30 (Reuters) - France's industry minister said on Wednesday that the euro exchange rate was too strong.
"The euro is too high compared with what the European economy deserves," Arnaud Montebourg told reporters.
President Francois Hollande and his government were following the issue closely and it was being discussed at the heart of the Eurogroup club of euro zone finance minister, he said.
The euro was trading at around $1.35 late in European morning trading on Wednesday, higher than any time since December 2011.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this