Bahrain's Investcorp H1 net profit soars
DUBAI Jan 30 (Reuters) - Bahrain-based alternative investment manager Investcorp said profits for the first half of fiscal year 2013 soared on the back of increased fee income and profitable exits at its investment portfolio.
Investcorp made a net profit of $39.2 million in the first half of fiscal year 2013, it said in a statement on Wednesday, compared with $5.2 million a year earlier.
Fee income for the period rose 80 percent to $147.6 million, Investcorp said, driven by strong acquisition and placement activity. (Reporting by Mirna Sleiman; Editing by Dinesh Nair)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone