Marathon Petroleum posts profit on higher refining margins
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp on Wednesday reported a quarterly profit as the U.S. refining company processed higher amounts of cheaper domestic crude oil in its plants, helping lift refining margins.
The company reported a fourth-quarter profit of $755 million, or $2.24 per share, compared with a loss of $75 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
The refiner more than doubled its fourth-quarter dividend to 35 cents per share and said its board approved an additional $2.65 billion share buyback program.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image