CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits near 18-mth high as golds, RIM gain
TORONTO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index hit a near 18-month high on Wednesday, led by gold stocks that gained following a contradiction in the U.S. economy, as well as a rise in Research In Motion Ltd on the day of its much-awaited BlackBerry 10 launch. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 55.69 points, or 0.43 percent, at 12,886.25 shortly after the open. The index hit a high of 12,895.28.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |