CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits near 18-mth high as golds, RIM gain
TORONTO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index hit a near 18-month high on Wednesday, led by gold stocks that gained following a contradiction in the U.S. economy, as well as a rise in Research In Motion Ltd on the day of its much-awaited BlackBerry 10 launch. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 55.69 points, or 0.43 percent, at 12,886.25 shortly after the open. The index hit a high of 12,895.28.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House