Pioneer Natural signs $1.7 bln shale deal with China's Sinochem
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Oil and gas producer Pioneer Natural Resources Co said it will sell 40 percent of its interest in the Wolfcamp shale field in Texas to China's state-run Sinochem Group Co Ltd for $1.7 billion.
Sinochem will pay $500 million in cash and will fund a portion of Pioneer's share of drilling and facilities costs.
Under the agreement, Sinochem will acquire about 82,800 net acres of leasehold held by Pioneer.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper