Pioneer Natural signs $1.7 bln shale deal with China's Sinochem
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Oil and gas producer Pioneer Natural Resources Co said it will sell 40 percent of its interest in the Wolfcamp shale field in Texas to China's state-run Sinochem Group Co Ltd for $1.7 billion.
Sinochem will pay $500 million in cash and will fund a portion of Pioneer's share of drilling and facilities costs.
Under the agreement, Sinochem will acquire about 82,800 net acres of leasehold held by Pioneer.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |