Marathon Petroleum to operate Capline pipeline
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp said on Wednesday that it will begin operating the 633-mile, Louisiana-to-Illinois Capline pipeline starting in September 2013.
The company will continue to consider reversing the line to bring land-locked crude oil from the Midwest to the Gulf Coast so long as all of the pipeline's owners agree on that strategy, Marathon President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Heminger said.
The Findlay, Ohio-based company will also be the anchor shipper on Enbridge Inc's proposed Southern Access Extension in Illinois, in order to bring more Bakken shale and Canadian crude to its Midwest refineries.
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State