Dutch court: Shell partly responsible for Niger Delta pollution
AMSTERDAM Jan 30 (Reuters) - A Dutch court ruled on Wednesday that Royal Dutch Shell can be held partially responsible for pollution in Nigeria's Niger Delta region and ordered it to pay damages to one farmer.
The court dismissed four out of five allegations against the company. The amount of damages to be paid was to be announced at a later date.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest