Japan Airlines: replaced 787 batteries on "a few occasions"
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan Airlines Co Ltd (9201.T) said it had replaced batteries on Boeing Co's (BA.N) 787 Dreamliner on a few occasions, but declined to give specifics on when the units were replaced or whether they were reported to authorities.
All Nippon Airways Co Ltd (9202.T) said on Wednesday that it had replaced 10 below-par lithium-ion batteries on 787 jets in the months before one of the passenger jets was forced to make an emergency landing due to an overheated battery triggering smoke alarms.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl