- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Chesapeake says it is not for sale: memo
HOUSTON (Reuters) - The departure of Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon is not an indication that Chesapeake Energy Corp is up for sale, according to an email to sent to employees on Wednesday.
"...the company is not for sale," Chairman Archie Dunham wrote.
Dunham also said the Chesapeake's board has set a drilling and completion budget of $6 billion.
Chesapeake said McClendon will step down on April 1.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this