Chesapeake says it is not for sale: memo
HOUSTON (Reuters) - The departure of Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon is not an indication that Chesapeake Energy Corp is up for sale, according to an email to sent to employees on Wednesday.
"...the company is not for sale," Chairman Archie Dunham wrote.
Dunham also said the Chesapeake's board has set a drilling and completion budget of $6 billion.
Chesapeake said McClendon will step down on April 1.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |