Chesapeake says it is not for sale: memo
HOUSTON (Reuters) - The departure of Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon is not an indication that Chesapeake Energy Corp is up for sale, according to an email to sent to employees on Wednesday.
"...the company is not for sale," Chairman Archie Dunham wrote.
Dunham also said the Chesapeake's board has set a drilling and completion budget of $6 billion.
Chesapeake said McClendon will step down on April 1.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Traveler from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes