Chesapeake says it is not for sale: memo
HOUSTON (Reuters) - The departure of Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon is not an indication that Chesapeake Energy Corp is up for sale, according to an email to sent to employees on Wednesday.
"...the company is not for sale," Chairman Archie Dunham wrote.
Dunham also said the Chesapeake's board has set a drilling and completion budget of $6 billion.
Chesapeake said McClendon will step down on April 1.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State