ECB's Draghi to meet Spanish lawmakers February 12
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will meet Spanish lawmakers in Madrid on February 12, an ECB spokesman said on Wednesday.
The lawmakers invited Draghi to visit them after he spoke to Germany's Bundestag in October to defend his bond-buying plan, which he unveiled last September.
The yet-to-be-used bond-purchase plan, dubbed the Outright Monetary Transactions (OMT) program, has helped lower Spain's borrowing costs. Spain has not yet asked for government aid - a condition for the ECB activating the OMT to buy its bonds.
(Reporting by Sakari Suoninen, writing by Paul Carrel; editing by Ron Askew)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |