- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Italy prosecutor probing only previous Monte Paschi management
SIENA, Italy |
SIENA, Italy (Reuters) - A probe by Italian magistrates into scandal-hit bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) concerns only the lender's previous management, Siena public prosecutor Tito Salerno said in a statement on Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Siena, where the 540-year-old lender is based, are investigating allegations of corruption in the 2007 acquisition by Monte Paschi of smaller lender Antonveneta as well as fraud in connection to derivatives trades.
(Reporting By Silvia Ognibene)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this