Lenovo's third-quarter smartphone, tablet shipments up sharply
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd, China's No.2 smartphone vendor, said on Wednesday its third-quarter smartphone sales in the country grew significantly from a year earlier, while its global tablet PC sales rose 77 percent during the same period.
The figures were delivered at a presentation by CFO Wong Wai Ming ahead of a media teleconference following the announcement of its third quarter results.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow