Rangers captain Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
(Reuters) - New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will be sidelined for up two weeks with a partially dislocated shoulder suffered in Tuesday's game against Philadelphia, the team said on Wednesday.
Callahan, who was injured during a fight in the third period of the Rangers' 2-1 win, underwent an MRI earlier on Wednesday and was examined by a doctor, the team said in a statement.
According to the Rangers' timetable, Callahan is likely to miss anywhere between four and seven games over 10-14 day period.
Callahan, who is tied for second in the NHL with 27 hits and sixth among league forwards with nine blocked shots, has two goals in six games this season for the Rangers (3-3).
(Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto; editing by Julian Linden)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds