Rangers captain Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
(Reuters) - New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will be sidelined for up two weeks with a partially dislocated shoulder suffered in Tuesday's game against Philadelphia, the team said on Wednesday.
Callahan, who was injured during a fight in the third period of the Rangers' 2-1 win, underwent an MRI earlier on Wednesday and was examined by a doctor, the team said in a statement.
According to the Rangers' timetable, Callahan is likely to miss anywhere between four and seven games over 10-14 day period.
Callahan, who is tied for second in the NHL with 27 hits and sixth among league forwards with nine blocked shots, has two goals in six games this season for the Rangers (3-3).
(Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto; editing by Julian Linden)
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general headed for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another