CORRECTED-Alliance Data profit rises 27 percent
(Corrects headline and paragraph 1 to show that the company's net income rose 27 pct, not 21 pct)
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Alliance Data Systems Corp's quarterly profit rose 27 percent, helped by higher sales in its private label credit card services business.
Net income rose to $84 million, or $1.27 per share, in the fourth quarter from $66 million, or $1.12 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.84 per share.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $972 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.80 per share on revenue of $943.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut