CORRECTED-Alliance Data profit rises 27 percent
(Corrects headline and paragraph 1 to show that the company's net income rose 27 pct, not 21 pct)
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Alliance Data Systems Corp's quarterly profit rose 27 percent, helped by higher sales in its private label credit card services business.
Net income rose to $84 million, or $1.27 per share, in the fourth quarter from $66 million, or $1.12 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.84 per share.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $972 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.80 per share on revenue of $943.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image