Amer Sports sales beat but winter sports division weak
HELSINKI Jan 31 (Reuters) - Finnish sporting goods group Amer Sports reported stronger-than-expected sales for the fourth quarter, but its operating profit was hurt by weak margins in its winter sports division.
The company reported a quarterly operating profit of 46.5 million euros ($63.10 million), slightly below the market's average forecast of 48 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Its quarterly sales of 618.5 million euros beat the market's forecast for 580 million euros. ($1 = 0.7370 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work