BRIEF-Blackstone sees more realizations in 2013
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP President Tony James in a conference call with reporters: * Expects 2013 to be a stronger year of realizations * Says does anticipate much impact on its business from capital gains tax rise * Says IPO market pretty good, M&A slow, so firm tilted towards public exits * Says possible Dell Inc deal has not changed private equity's perception of what is doable in m&a * Says limited partners more interested in co-investing, resulting in fewer club deals with buyout firms * Says does not see a high probability of convincing investors to lower hurdle rates in its funds
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'