BRIEF-Blackstone expects M&A to be up in 2013
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP CEO steve schwarzman in a conference call with analysts: * All of the private equity returns in 2012 came in the second half * Says has had first close in new GSO rescue fund at $3.3 billion, expects to reach $4 billion this year * Says strength in U.S. housing market is area of real significant change in the economy * Says U.S. political risks to economic growth will weighing on M&A * Says expects M&A activity to be up 10 to 20 percent in 2013
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'