BRIEF-Blackstone expects M&A to be up in 2013
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP CEO steve schwarzman in a conference call with analysts: * All of the private equity returns in 2012 came in the second half * Says has had first close in new GSO rescue fund at $3.3 billion, expects to reach $4 billion this year * Says strength in U.S. housing market is area of real significant change in the economy * Says U.S. political risks to economic growth will weighing on M&A * Says expects M&A activity to be up 10 to 20 percent in 2013
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case