BRIEF-Blackstone expects M&A to be up in 2013
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP CEO steve schwarzman in a conference call with analysts: * All of the private equity returns in 2012 came in the second half * Says has had first close in new GSO rescue fund at $3.3 billion, expects to reach $4 billion this year * Says strength in U.S. housing market is area of real significant change in the economy * Says U.S. political risks to economic growth will weighing on M&A * Says expects M&A activity to be up 10 to 20 percent in 2013
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales