Chile Oct-Dec jobless rate 6.1 pct, hitting six-year low
SANTIAGO Jan 31 (Reuters) - Chile's jobless rate for the last quarter 2012 dropped to 6.1 percent, its lowest rate in roughly six years amid brisk economic growth, following a September to November unemployment rate of 6.2 percent, the statistics agency said on Thursday.
The unemployment rate was forecast to have dropped to 6.0 percent, according to the median response of 10 analysts and economists polled by Reuters.
In the last quarter of 2011, the jobless rate was 6.6 percent. The average unemployment rate in 2012 was 6.4 percent, the INE agency added on Thursday.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid