Annaly Capital to buy CreXus Investment in $872 million deal
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mortgage-backed REIT Annaly Capital Management Inc said it will spend $872 million to buy all the shares of CreXus Investment Corp it does not already own.
Annaly, which holds about 12.4 percent of CreXus, will pay $13 per share in cash for the remaining shares, a 4 percent premium to the stock's Wednesday close.
The deal, which has been approved by the CreXus board, values CreXus at about $996 million.
Annaly, the largest mortgage REIT listed on the New York Stock Exchange, had in November offered $12.50 for each CreXus share, then a 13 percent premium.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message