UK FSA to review pensions annuity market -Independent
LONDON Jan 31 (Reuters) - Britain's Financial Services Authority will announce a review of the multibillion-pound pensions annuity market due to concerns that some individuals are losing out on thousands of pounds of income a year upon retirement, the Independent reported on Thursday.
The regulator will consider whether insurers are doing enough to encourage pension savers to shop around and move their savings in order to get the best annuity when a pension fund is converted into income for life, the paper said.
The review will take up to 12 months and will look into whether annuities are fairly priced and marketed, reported the newspaper.
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. veteran Merrill Newman
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Cuba drops veto at WTO meet, enabling global trade deal: sources