Nigeria says signs $1bln MoU with GE for factory
ABUJA Jan 31 (Reuters) - Nigeria signed a memorandum of understanding with General Electric on Thursday for $1 billion of investment over the next five years into a factory in the southeast, the trade ministry said.
"The deal ... is expected to create 2,300 jobs and make Nigeria the regional hub for GE's manufacturing service and innovation in Africa," the ministry said in a statement.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane