Volkswagen's Neumann named key GM exec and Opel CEO
FRANKFURT Jan 31 (Reuters) - General Motors appointed Karl-Thomas Neumann as President of GM Europe and chief executive of its European unit Opel as of March 1, the company said on Thursday.
"Furthermore Neumann will be GM Vice President and a member of the GM Executive Committee. He will play a key role in the global leadership of GM," it said in a statement.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website