Hershey fourth-quarter profit up; company lifts 2013 forecast
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Hershey Co reported higher fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, helped by improved market share.
The maker of Kit Kat, Twizzlers and Reese's peanut butter cups said net income was $149.9 million, or 66 cents per share, compared with $142.1 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding special items, earnings were 74 cents per share.
Sales rose to $1.75 billion from $1.57 billion.
The company also raised its full-year earnings outlook, saying it expects $3.56 to $3.63 per share in adjusted profit, representing growth of 10 percent to 12 percent. Its prior forecast called for profit growth of 8 percent to 10 percent.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |