Hershey fourth-quarter profit up; company lifts 2013 forecast
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Hershey Co reported higher fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, helped by improved market share.
The maker of Kit Kat, Twizzlers and Reese's peanut butter cups said net income was $149.9 million, or 66 cents per share, compared with $142.1 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding special items, earnings were 74 cents per share.
Sales rose to $1.75 billion from $1.57 billion.
The company also raised its full-year earnings outlook, saying it expects $3.56 to $3.63 per share in adjusted profit, representing growth of 10 percent to 12 percent. Its prior forecast called for profit growth of 8 percent to 10 percent.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief