Hillshire Brands profit down from year ago
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Hillshire Brands Co reported sharply lower quarterly net earnings on Thursday, hurt by the loss of discontinued operations.
The maker of Hillshire Farm lunch meat and Jimmy Dean sausage said net income was $65 million, or 53 cents per share, in the fiscal second quarter, ended on December 29, down from $469 million, or $3.94 per share, a year earlier, when the company was much larger and called Sara Lee.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest