RPT-Infineon Q1 oper profit slightly ahead of expectations
(Repeats to different USN)
FRANKFURT Jan 31 (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon on Thursday reported a slightly better-than-expected first-quarter operating profit as cost savings are starting to show effect.
Fiscal first-quarter operating profit, excluding special items, fell 69 percent from last year to 44 million euros ($59.71 million), beating the average expectation of 42 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Infineon said it still expected 2013 revenue to drop 5-9 percent, while its core operating profit margin would reach between 5-9 percent. ($1 = 0.7370 euros) (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter