RPT-Infineon Q1 oper profit slightly ahead of expectations
(Repeats to different USN)
FRANKFURT Jan 31 (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon on Thursday reported a slightly better-than-expected first-quarter operating profit as cost savings are starting to show effect.
Fiscal first-quarter operating profit, excluding special items, fell 69 percent from last year to 44 million euros ($59.71 million), beating the average expectation of 42 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Infineon said it still expected 2013 revenue to drop 5-9 percent, while its core operating profit margin would reach between 5-9 percent. ($1 = 0.7370 euros) (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies