CANADA FX-C$ strengthens to equal value with US$ after Canada GDP
TORONTO Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened to trade at par with its U.S. counterpart on Thursday after data showed Canada's economy grew faster than expected in November.
At 10:25 a.m. (1525 GMT) the Canadian dollar was trading at exactly C$1 to the greenback, compared with C$1.0015, or 99.85 U.S. cents, at Wednesday's North American close.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- U.S. general says cannot rule out larger ground role in Iraq