CANADA FX-C$ strengthens to equal value with US$ after Canada GDP
TORONTO Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened to trade at par with its U.S. counterpart on Thursday after data showed Canada's economy grew faster than expected in November.
At 10:25 a.m. (1525 GMT) the Canadian dollar was trading at exactly C$1 to the greenback, compared with C$1.0015, or 99.85 U.S. cents, at Wednesday's North American close.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square