CANADA FX-C$ strengthens to equal value with US$ after Canada GDP
TORONTO Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened to trade at par with its U.S. counterpart on Thursday after data showed Canada's economy grew faster than expected in November.
At 10:25 a.m. (1525 GMT) the Canadian dollar was trading at exactly C$1 to the greenback, compared with C$1.0015, or 99.85 U.S. cents, at Wednesday's North American close.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM