CANADA FX-C$ strengthens to equal value with US$ after Canada GDP
TORONTO Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened to trade at par with its U.S. counterpart on Thursday after data showed Canada's economy grew faster than expected in November.
At 10:25 a.m. (1525 GMT) the Canadian dollar was trading at exactly C$1 to the greenback, compared with C$1.0015, or 99.85 U.S. cents, at Wednesday's North American close.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic