Spreadbetters see Europe stocks falling for 2nd day
PARIS Jan 31 (Reuters) - Financial spreadbetters expect Europe's main stock indexes to fall on Thursday, set to retreat for the second day in a row after data showed stalled U.S. economic growth and Saipem's profit warning sparked worries about the earnings season.
Spreadbetters expect London's FTSE 100 to open around 18 points lower, or down 0.3 percent, Frankfurt's DAX to open 24 points lower, or down 0.3 percent, and Paris' CAC 40 to open 10 points lower, or down 0.3 percent.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease