Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high versus the dollar in mid-morning trade on Thursday, but an option barrier at $1.36 could cap further gains.
Signs of improvement in the euro zone's economy and banks have lifted the euro in recent weeks.
The euro rose as high as $1.3593 on Reuters data, the highest since November 2011. It was last at $1.3586, up 0.2 percent on the day.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections