Nikkei retreats from 33-month high on profit-taking
TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell in early trade on Thursday, with investors booking profits after the index had risen sharply in the previous session to end above 11,000 for the first time in 33 months. The Nikkei eased 0.5 percent to 11,055.02, while the broader Topix index added 0.1 percent to 935.65.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report