Korea Hot Stocks-Ssangyong Motor rallies as political uncertainty eases
SEOUL Jan 31 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was down 0.3 percent at 1,958.95 points as of 0227 GMT.
Stocks on the move on Thursday include:
**SSANGYONG MOTOR JUMPS 15 PCT**
Shares in Ssangyong Motor jumped by the daily limit of 15 percent after rival political parties reached a deal to form a joint body to discuss the automaker's layoffs in 2009 and other issues.
The move eased political uncertainty over the automaker, and may help avoid a parliamentary probe demanded by labour circles, analysts said. (Reporting By Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |